Monday, November 15, 2010

An Ode to Christopher Graham – The Ballad of Robbery!


Arriving home to a break-in really bites the big one!  Especially when you find out that ALL OF YOUR music DVD’s have been stolen!  All of the music DVD’s that you were going to use to create a buzz in this town.  All of the bootleg concerts, rarities, international films, hard-to-find’s.


When I arrived in the lounge to discover that everything had been taken, I was absolutely devastated.  It felt like someone had taken my child.

Anger, sadness, confusion, helplessness all set in as I stared out of the window to wait for the police to arrive.  How on EARTH am I going to recover these?  I don’t have a couple grand to replace them, I don’t have the time to find them.  This person had no idea what he had taken.  It wasn’t just a bunch of DVD’s that you could replace, these were different!

My mother called me to suggest I call the used CD’s shops in town.  The second one I called started naming off my films.  I can’t even explain to you what I felt as he named them off one by one.  It was like a massive piece of joy and happiness were coming back into my body with an overwhelming feeling.  I also felt a whole lot of revenge when the gentleman from Disc Depot on George Street told me that an idiot by the name of Chris Graham from 23 Kenver Street, Omemee was the one who sold my children to him.  Disc Depot will refuse any items if the person can’t provide ID.

I zoomed to the police station and was reunited with the ones I had thought were gone forever.  All but 12! 

The asshole even took my Levon Helm tote bag made back in 2004 that isn’t being made anymore.  The guy had no idea what he had taken from me.

I will comment later with The List of my collection and the 12 that are missing.

1 comment:

  1. Cobi, I'm sorry this has happened to you, but also amazed and gladdened to hear that most of the DVD's were recovered. That is very surprising and not a bright move on this Graham character.

    If you want to borrow some flicks for screening sometime I have Festival (Newport Doc), Sympathy for the Devil, Rainbow Bridge and Magical Mystery Tour. You can also find some at the library probably. I found Festival Express at the branch in London. Much love and luck finding the rest.

    ReplyDelete